Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Labor Day Weekend

Over the Labor Day weekend I went and watched my old high school, Melrose-Mindoro, play football.  They played the Virouqua blackhawks.  It was fun to get back and see some old friends that I haven't seen since the end of the last school year.  While i was at the football game i met up with a couple of guys that I graduated with.  We all made plans to get together after the game and hang out at their house in La Crosse.  Before we went to La Crosse I had to go to winona with my cousin. We got up there at about 11 and my cousin asked me to drive back because he was tired.  On the way back I was making a turn and I accidentally hit the blinker, which has the light switch on it.  I started driving down the road and we passed a cop, i then realized that my lights were off, and when i turned them on and looked into my mirrior i seen the blue and red flashing lights.  The cop was very nice and was pulling me over to make sure that i knew that my lights were off.  Because of the new laws and the fact that we were in Minnesota, the cop asked for our proof of insurance.  We started looking for the card but we couldn't find it, and my cousin realized that he had it in his wallet, which he left at home.  The cop gave us a citation and we had to come back to Winona to show them our insurance card. 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had an interesting Labor Day weekend. At least you didn't get a ticket. To bad you couldn't have arranged something else so you didn't have to drive all the way back up there to show them you had insurance, a fax or a scanned copy should have been enough, but i guess thats why i'm not a cop...

    ReplyDelete